After Dental Surgery Care
Your post surgery care will be discussed with you in person by Dr. Shain, so you get the personalized care plan you deserve. However, below are some general post-dental surgery tips:
- Keep your head elevated.
- Reduce swelling with ice packs and pressure over the swelling.
- Do not use mouthwashes, unless prescribed to do so. Salt water rinses will do.
- Do not brush the surgery site, but you can brush around it.
- Stick to eating soft food for at least a few days.
- Always take all antibiotics as prescribed, and when it comes to pain relief, over the counter pain relievers are usually enough.
- Minimal bleeding is normal for the first 24 hours. Use gauze compresses to lessen bleeding. You can also bite on a wet tea bag for ten minutes.
- If you've just had an implant surgery, make sure to follow the instructions given to you at the office.